Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Newborn Child

"Fathers and mothers, next time you cradle a newborn child in your arms, you can have an inner vision of the mysteries and purpose of life." Elder Boyd K. Packer


Tighe Jennings was born on March 30th, one day before General Conference. While still in the hospital with our precious, new family member we were able to watch part of the first session. Boyd K. Packer's was the first talk. In my heightened emotional state I cried at this quote, but didn't have much time to really take it in. In the New Testament it says that "But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." There are so many things to ponder with the birth of a baby that I am pondering still.

If wisdom is my goal, becoming a mother is certainly a good step. My life has been turned up-side-down. Every aspect of my day is dictated by a child that has only been in the world for two months. It takes patience, observation, and critical thinking, not to mention instinct, to learn what he needs and respond accordingly. It takes a great deal of sacrifice and self control. It is the most difficult and the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. I have gotten those small glimpses of the mysteries and purpose of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment